Valentine's Day Card Printable

Valentine's Day is about 3 weeks away but I have been thinking about this project since October! Well probably before October. My daughter started Kindergarten this year and I new I wanted to make custom Valentine's Day cards for her class. I had created this Valentine's Day board a long time ago and had every intention of making the "Your out of this world" heart valentines. (maybe next year) In October, I came across this 10 pack of playing cards at Target! They were a Halloween clearance item and each deck only cost $.50! The best part was that they weren't Halloween themed!
Just look at the variety of characters! (Frozen, the Avengers, Minions, Paw Patrol, My Little Pony, Mickey Mouse, Hello Kitty and more) I got 2 packs of 10 and there were only 2 or 3 repeats. Unfortunately, I have searched for these on Target's website as well as other sites and have not found them. I know that the Dollar Tree and Oriental Trading have pretty affordable playing cards. You could even use the mini cards!
When deciding what to create for these Valentine's Day cards, I had to take a few things into consideration. What would be appropriate for kindergartners and easy for them to understand. I am also not a fan of the super lovey dovey Valentine's Day cards. Ones that say things like "True Love", "Be Mine", Hugs and Kisses" etc, kind of creep me out a little. 
I printed these out from home an used a little double sided tape to stick the card to the back of the playing cards. Once Valentine's Day is a little closer, I will have my daughter write her name and her classmates names on the back. You could also write the "from" name on the front of the cards.
It may also be a great idea to print on the back some card game ideas that help with learning. Of course for kinders, almost anything with cards can be used for learning. Some ideas are matching, War, putting them in numerical order, addition and subtraction and more.

You can download this Valentine's Day Printable for FREE!

Have you already started thinking about Valentine's Day? I would love to see what cute ideas you created. Feel free to share a link in the comments.



No comments

Post a Comment